Saturday, June 1, 2013

Typographic Term

The following images are the sketches, process of making the cushion case. My target audience is the person who like sweet stuff and vintage style. 

 
Mind map on products, end up I choose pillow case.

Some thumbnail sketches


After further development, i choose cushion case and do mind map on it 

Survey form and my written analysis, analyse how many people like sweet, cute thing, how many people like vintage style, etc. 

Reason of why I choose cushion case..Why I use paper iron not silk screen?
I use iron paper because I want to do the vintage effect.

Here's some cushion case thumbnail sketches.

Here is the initial sketches of the cushion case and typographic term. The 8 terms that I've chose are X-height, Descender, Ascender, Baseline, Weight of Type, Type measurement (Point sizes), Script and Kerning.


This is the sketches of the combination of two typographic terms on the cushion case. 

The composition of typographic terms


Idea development

Layout Design 

Colour exploration on background, and I choose yellow brownish colour to show the vintage style.
Colour exploration on threads.

Rotated it after designed it in the illustrator, so that we can print on the iron paper.

These are the process of printing on the cushion case by using paper iron.

And here's some final sketches on my typo terms.





Here's my cushion case :) I stitched on the ascend part and descend part so that enhance the terms and also stitched the background to enhance the vintage style.
Front view
                                                     
                                                                   Side view

                  Here's the cushion case of Type measurement, Script, Baseline and X-height.
                                                                   Front view

                                                                    Side view


No comments:

Post a Comment